A relatively new product that an increasing number of studies show gives ease of symptoms and some relief to sufferers from many ailments and illnesses. This new product is called Cbd oil and can be used in several different ways, and I want to use the short article to provide you with all the information you need to decide whether to give cbd oil a try.
What Is Cbd?
It is one of many different compounds found in the Cannabis or hemp plant, and its full name is Cannabidiol. Once extracted, it is combined with coconut or another plant oil to form the end product. Cbd oil is not illegal in the UK as it has a minimal level of THC, which is the main active compound in Cannabis that cause psychedelic effects or get you high. There are three types of cbd oil in the marketplace today they are –
- Cbd Isolate – this type only has one cannabinoid from the host plant, which is cbd.
- Cbd Full Spectrum – this contains all the naturally occurring components of the host plant, such as CBDV, CBG and others, as well as cbd.
- Cbd Broad Spectrum – contains all the elements except THC.
The legal THC limit in the UK is for cbd products is 0.3%; anything less is considered hemp, and anything above is Cannabis and still illegal.
Ways of Using Cbd Oil
The most effective way to use cbd oil is an oral tincture dripped under the tongue and quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, and the effects are faster than other products. That’s not to say the different means of taking cbd oil are not effective; other products include –
- Vaping – a cbd oil vape can be enjoyed when combined with the flavoured e-liquids; it is popular with many already vaping as a means to quit smoking.
- Edibles – There are many flavoured gummies, sweets, and capsules available.
- Creams & Salves – lotions massaged into the skin.
By no means is this the complete list; take some time to view some of the various products for sale online, so it may be more suitable to you or someone you know who could benefit.
Who Can Get Relief with Cbd?
The amount of information and results of studies are ever-increasing, but the majority do see encouraging results for many different ailments and illnesses. The list is quite extensive and demands further investigation, but some of them are –
- Chronic pain sufferers – illnesses like Arthritis, nerve pain and similar painful ailments.
- Mental Health disorders such as Anxiety, Insomnia, PTSD can find relief.
- Cancer-related symptoms such as nausea and vomiting are alleviated.
- Neurological disorders like Epilepsy or MS.
- High blood pressure
As I have said, this is by no means a complete list, and if you or someone close to you has an illness, it is worth looking into whether they can benefit.
How Much Should I Take?
As with any new medicine or remedy, it is always good to start with a small dose and analyse the effects in time. It is always possible to increase the dosage.
So, there we go, the basic facts about cbd oil and its products. I hope you are now a bit more informed about cbd and can decide whether to give it a try.